Specialized Driving Privileges
Beginning January 1, 2015, Indiana has changed hardship licenses to fall under I.C. 9-30-16 “Specialized Driving Privileges.” These privileges are in place in order to allow for individuals with suspended licenses to be granted a license that may allow them to drive to and from work. Depending on the circumstances, judges may grant the right to travel to other destinations.
Our attorneys can represent you in order to help determine if you qualify for “Specialized Driving Privileges”.
Specialized Driving Privileges in Indiana
Specialized Driving Privileges proceedings in Indiana can be confusing. Hiring an attorney is in your best interest to make sure that the process is handled correctly the first time and delays are avoided. Friedman & Associates P.C. lawyers are committed to guiding you through the application process in order to get your specialized driving privileges granted.
Specialized Driving Privileges Eligibility
A person is NOT eligible for specialized driving privileges if:
- They have never had a valid Indiana driver’s license.
- They have a commercial driver’s license.
- They have refused to submit to a chemical test.
- They have been convicted of an offense that resulted in the death of a person while you operated a motor vehicle.
- They have previously received specialized driving privileges and have more than one conviction for knowingly and intentionally harming someone while operating a motor vehicle.
In order to be granted specialized driving privileges, an individual must petition a court. Friedman & Associates P.C. attorneys can advise you on the course of action to take when filing your petition. Do not hesitate, contact our office today in order to get your driving license privileges reinstated!
Don’t Be Shy. Get In Touch.
New Cases Start Here.
If your driver’s license has been suspended, the state of Indiana may be willing to grant special driving privileges to you, so you can perform basic tasks.